We are thrilled to announce that the fifth annual Rally for Bully-Free Communities will take place during National Bullying Prevention Awareness month on October 4, 2018.
Rally for Bully-Free Communities on October 4, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. (Grades 5-12)
Once again, the good folks at EMPOWER Leadership Sports in Middletown have generously offered to host the rally on their grounds. The Council of Business Partners at CFMC will provide free bus transportation for all Middlesex County middle and high school students and educators who want to attend this informational and motivational event.
Some highlights of what to expect this October:
- FREE BUS TRANSPORTATION. One bus will be provided at no cost to each school district for transportation of educators and students in grades 5-12.
- OUTDOOR “EMPOWERMENT” ACTIVITIES. Each school community will participate in interactive, team building stations aimed at developing empathy, confidence, and community.
- POSITIVE PERSONAL STORIES. Guest speakers of all ages will share how they overcame adversity and created a path toward positive change.
- FREE “AGENT OF CHANGE” T-SHIRTS. Each person attending the rally will be given a tee to wear during the rally and to take home.
- TEACHER RESOURCE KIT FOR EACH PARTICIPATING SCHOOL. With our partners at Rushford, we have developed a kit of resource information and activities which you can take back to your school and share with your fellow teachers and students.
- SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING. Post photos at facebook.com/Campaign.Bullyfree.Communities or on Instagram @CFMC_CT, or take the pledge at BullyFreeMiddlesexCF.org.
Since 2009, in partnership with RUSHFORD, the CFMC Council of Business Partners has provided funding and support for the development of school-based programs that create safe and healthy learning environments. In collaboration with the Connecticut Association of Schools, The First Tee of Connecticut, EMPOWER Leadership Sports, Donny Marshall, i CRV Radio, 2018 Campaign Ambassador Renee DiNino, and many others, we invite you to join us for a morning of empowering activities and personal stories aimed at building a community of connection and support.